top of page


How can I obtain my authority? What does it cost? How long before it is active and ready to go?

Visit Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Click on the tab for Registration and apply. The cost to obtain and authority and USDOT number is $300. Once your registration is complete, monies paid, insurance secure, it takes less than 30 days for you to be AUTHORIZED for HIRE.

Do I need a certification to become a dispatcher?

No. You should take a course for dispatching where you learn the fundamentals of trucking.

Do I need to own my own trucks to have a transportation company?

No. You can hire owner operators and have them run under your authority.

Do you offer trainings, mentorships, coaching, etc.?

Yes. Trainings are offered quarterly. Mentorships, coaching, memberships can be found on our site.

How important is credit to start?

Credit is essential. Trucking is very lucrative, but it also a risky business. You will be a personal guarantor for many gains at first until you establish yourself in this industry. However, once proven, the endless business credit opportunities are rewarding.

Do I need a CDL license to get into transportation?

No. However it is highly recommended.

How long does it take to get your CDL?

Depends upon the school. You can obtain your license in just 4 weeks.

What are the start-up costs for trucking?

The initial cost range from $10,000 to $15,000 (not including equipment) Includes: registration, formation documentation, IRP and Insurance.

bottom of page